Nomad will be closed on Easter Sunday, 4/5.
New classes are up at the Sunday class schedule page! As always, please call the store at 303-786-9746 to reserve a space. We have an Ice Resin class on Saturday the 25th as well, so please check the dates!
Costume jewelry and designer tag sale bags are 20% off all month!
We still have a wide selection of stone 8mm rounds available, but some styles are going fast. If you’re planning to make a mala, please come check these out.
First off, our Sunday Class Schedule has been updated through the end of March – check out the upcoming projects!
Nomad is looking for a few good people to work part-time. We don’t pay a lot, but we’re a lot of fun and you will earn a discount and the opportunity to see the new stuff when it comes in. We are especially looking for weekend help when May comes. Ashlee has left us for a real job (YAY, Ashlee!!!) and Rachel will be graduating soon. Desirable qualifications would include: beading experience, at least some computer experience, available time on weekends, the willingness to learn more about beading so you can help with repairs and a positive attitude! Applications are available at the store.
We are attempting to clean out some of the older Czech glass from our windows, so we are putting a group of items on sale – some bicolors, a bunch of beautiful metallics and more to come. Some of these are down to $1.50 a strand, making excellent filler, practice or kid project beads. Come check them out!
Roman Era Glass necklace class is CANCELLED due to weather.
The shop will be open from 12pm to 3-4pm depending on activity.
Voices of the Stones stock will remain available through at least Monday evening.
Thanks again to everyone who came in on Saturday!
Since we are running a trunk show this weekend and the shop space will be very crowded, the Saturday freebie class will not be running. Our apologies and please check in with us next week when we’re back to normal!
Team Nomad has only just returned from our buying trip, and we are engaged in a frenzy of tagging. There’s no rest for the wicked, though; we will be hosting Voices of the Stones this coming weekend, February 21st and 22nd. Many of you are familiar with Carole, Mary, and their exquisite taste in beads and other treasures. We’ll have two tables full of their (incredibly reasonably priced) goodies in glass, stone, pearl, and gemstone.
Voices of the Stones Trunk Show
Please join us for this event:
Saturday February 21, 10-6p.m.
Sunday February 22, 11-5p.m.
Monday February 23 if we’re lucky!
New Stock: We keep thinking that there’s no end to the sackfuls of new things we hauled back with us from Tucson, but we are beginning to dig our way out from under, and huge quantities of new beads have been priced and hung up out on the floor.
- Gemstones from some new-to-us vendors: African opals, lots of garnets, top quality blue flash moonstone, some of the best labradorite we’ve seen in years, tiny little rondelles in a wild assortment of colors.
- Matte finish gemstone rounds: Tiger eye, rose quartz, amethyst, fluorite, picture jasper, lapis, and more, including some white howlite that is startlingly gorgeous.
- Turquoise, Baltic amber in rough natural shapes, and some hard-to-find shungite in strands and singles.
- Playful mock-turquoise magnesite and dyed coral at fantastic prices and in a variety of sizes and shapes.
- Stone pendulums in a dozen diverse designs.
- Lots more stuff that we don’t have the space to describe!
A carload of enthusiastic Nomads are on the road to Tucson today. We will be posting updates to our Facebook page as we are able to get them written. None of us have any idea what we’re going to find this year, so please do keep an eye out!
These are the last couple days of our January sales at the shop – 20% off all beads (with a couple of already-discounted exceptions, ask if curious!) and vintage silver through Saturday the 31st.
We are running a series of sales and allowing them to pile up week by week here at the shop. For the week of 1/17-1/23, we have the following discounts rolling along:
- Czech glass beads in the south window and seed beads: 15% off
- Bargain bags on the front table: 25% off
- Estate silver components, pendants and beads: 20% off (sorry, this doesn’t include the newly made silver findings like earwires, chain and clasps!)
We will have ONE MORE SALE to stack onto this for the last week of January, just before we head out for the great Tucson expedition. There are some swell deals here, so take advantage of the forgiving weather and come on out!
Nomad will be closed at 5p.m. on Friday, 1/9/15, so that the staff can go to the Cartier exhibit at the Denver Art Museum. Field trip!
Life has calmed down a bit here at Nomad. We miss the bustle but it is a bit of a relief to catch our collective breath. As usual there’s still plenty going on:
- The Sunday class schedule has been updated through the end of February. Please call us to reserve a spot in any class!
- We will be running a series of pre-Tucson sales for the remainder of the month. Through the 9th, all the Czech glass in our street-facing windows and all the seed beads are 15% off; from the 10th through the 16th we’ll have our extensive and eccentric collection of bargain bagged beads on sale. More to come towards the end of the month!
- And of course we’re going to TUCSON for the biggest international bead, gem and mineral show on the planet! We plan to head out on the 30th and should be back around the 12th of February with a trunkload of awesome new stock. More details to come as we see what’s available, but we plan on restocking hard after a busy holiday season.
On Friday, 12/5/14, Nomad will be hosting a First Friday event along with other artists and studios as part of the North Boulder Arts District. We’ll be open until 9pm, offering wine and other goodies, enjoying the festive atmosphere and highlighting the work of the many artists who are on staff here at Nomad.
All of us here love playing with beads as much as we do teaching about them, and this is an opportunity to visit the shop late and take a look at all the things we are putting together for the holidays. Please join us, and check out the North Boulder Arts District site for information on other happenings this weekend!
We will also be hosting a trunk show Saturday and Sunday, 12/13-12/14. We’ll be featuring the stock of Gemstone & Co., a direct-import firm based out of Denver which specializes in beautifully cut and polished gemstone beads – tourmaline, citrine, amethyst and more. Top-quality materials will be available for between $25-130 per strand, so come treat yourself to something premium.
Monster class update! We will be running classes on most Saturdays and Sundays along with our usual Saturday freebie intro class. Check out the Sunday classes page for details, but here’s the base list:
Sunday, November 16: Channel Wrap Bracelet, $45
Saturday, November 22: Elastic Bracelets, $10
Sunday, November 23: Three Styles Earring Workshop, $40
Saturday, November 29: No class scheduled, but come shop!
Sunday, November 30: Sundance Style Necklace, $45
Saturday, December 6: Kumihimo Bracelet Basics, $65
Sunday, December 7: Kumihimo Magatama Necklace, $75
Saturday, December 13: Channel Wrap Bracelet, $45
Sunday, December 14: Squiggle & Paddle Hammered Earrings, $45
Saturday, December 20: Mala Class, $25 not including beads
Sunday, December 21: Pearl Knotting, $45
As always, please call the store at 303-786-9746 to reserve a space.
During the month of November, we will be featuring the work of Willi Eggerman at Nomad in our window. Willi is a Boulder artist working in clay to create both functional and sculptural work. We’ve admired Willi’s work for a long time and are thrilled to have it in the store. Working with her, we selected a variety of pieces to showcase. Willi often uses various seed pod shapes as a metaphor in her work, and the organic shapes seem to speak to the nature of the season perfectly. Please stop by and see her work here.
For more information about Willi and her work, visit her website!
Upcoming shows for Willi:
Boulder Potters Guild: November 6-9 at the Boulder County Fairgrounds, Longmont.
Firefly Handmade Holiday Shows: November 29-30, at the Watershed School 1661 Alpine Ave., Boulder.
Denver Potters Holiday Sale: December 4-7, 6th and Adams, Denver.
Firefly Handmade Holiday Shows: December 6-7, at the Exdo Event Center at 1399 35th St., Denver.