We have returned from Tucson with a huge haul of new beads and more. Lots of the new stock is 8mm round, since the wall of stones had been pretty heavily picked over. We found lots of classics (black lava beads are back in stock in 8mm!) and some lovely new stuff – moonstone in half a dozen colors, deep green jade, several types of labradorite, blue lace agate….
Also, it’s that time of year, and our good friends at Voices of the Stones will be here for a trunk show this weekend, 2/17-2/18! We may have them in for part of Friday and Monday as well, not entirely sure yet!
Our good friends Carole and Mary have superb taste in gemstones and will be here with a truckful of loot chosen to their exacting specifications. The prices are spectacular and so is the merchandise. We’ll have two tables absolutely groaning with beautiful rocks – please swing by and check it out.
We’re working on the March class list and will have at least one mala class, if you’ve been looking to get that done, along with a couple of fancy wire bezel classes with our own Wan Norby.
Watch this space for more info and thanks, as always, for your patronage!
Boatloads (more accurately, a carload) of new stuff. The staff has been frantically tagging for the past few days. Our front table is groaning with hanks of new material – please come on in and check out the goodies!
Nomad is OPEN today, 12/31/17, and will be CLOSED tomorrow, 1/1/18.
Our sale runs only through today – come in and pick up some strands!
We have a huge collection of eccentric odds and ends on sale for 50% off! This includes several big bins of ‘designer’s choice’ bags which are on the front table at the shop. Also includes select tubes of seed beads, also on the front table. Look for the tiny, snowflakey 50% off signs.
All stone and pearl strands are 20% off this weekend only! This includes the good stuff in the glass cases!
Two months of classes – yikes! This is a long list. Details are on the weekend classes page.
As always, please call the store at 303-786-9746 to reserve a space in a class.
- Saturday, 12/23: Elastic Bracelets
- Sunday, 12/24: Christmas Eve, no class!
- Saturday, 12/30: Ice Resin
- Sunday, 12/31: New Year’s Eve, no class!
- Saturday, 1/6: Elastic Bracelets
- Sunday, 1/7: Pearl Knotting
- Saturday, 1/13: Mala with Tassel
- Sunday, 1/14: Knotted Mala
- Saturday, 1/20: Channel Wrap Bracelet
- Sunday, 1/21: Beaded Wire Donut Bail
Weekends of 1/27-1/28 and 2/3-2/4: Tucson! No classes for these two weekends!
- Saturday, 2/10: Ice Resin
- Sunday, 2/11: Tree of Love
- Saturday, 2/17: Bead Wrapped Hammered Hoop Earrings
- Sunday, 2/18: Knotted Mala
- Saturday, 2/24: Hammered Squiggle Earrings
- Sunday, 2/25: Beaded Lace Hoops
Classes for November are up! As always, please call the store at 303-786-9746 to reserve a space in a class. The Tree of Life class tends to fill up pretty quickly, so if you’re interested, give us a ring!
- Saturday, 11/4: Elastic Bracelets
- Sunday, 11/5: Pendulums
- Saturday, 11/11: Ice Resin
- Sunday, 11/12: Fractal Branch Pendant & Earrings
- Saturday, 11/18: Wire Squiggle Earrings
- Sunday, 11/19: Knotted Mala
- Saturday, 11/25: Channel Wrap Bracelet
- Sunday, 11/26: Tree of Life Pendant
October class list is complete:
- Saturday, 10/14: Mala with Tassel
- Sunday, 10/15: Knotted Mala
- Saturday, 10/21: Tiny Chain & Bead Necklace
- Sunday, 10/22: Waning Crescent Necklace & Earrings
- Saturday, 10/28: Simple Earrings
- Sunday, 10/29: Wire Cage Wrap Pendants
In November we’ll be doing Ice Resin, the classic Tree of Life pendant, and channel wrap bracelets among other things. Watch this space.
As always, please call the store at 303-786-9746 to reserve a spot in a class! Details on the weekend class page!
We’re also running a sale through Sunday 10/15: 20% off all 6mm and 8mm stone rounds. If you plan on doing one of the mala classes, now is definitely the time to stock up!
This is a list in progress and will be added to as we pin down staff schedules over the next week! Expect to see Ice Resin and channel wrap bracelets at least once within the next month or so. Check out images and descriptions on the weekend classes page.
- Saturday, 10/7: Elastic Bracelets
- Sunday, 10/8: Herringbone Pendant & Earrings
- Saturday, 10/14: Mala with Tassel
- Sunday, 10/15: Knotted Mala
Please call the store at 303-786-9746 to reserve a space!
Nomad & Adorned Events
We have a pretty full calendar this month!
- Voices of the Stones Trunk Show: Nomad, 9/10-9/13
- Firefly Fall Market: Pearl Street Mall, 9/16-9/17
- Karen Dombrowski-Sobel pendulum demo: Adorned, 9/23, 2-4p.m.
- Boulder Downtown Girls’ Night Out/Magic Fairy Candles: Adorned, 9/28, 5-8p.m.
Trunk Show with Voices of the Stones: Our friends Carole and Mary (the Voices of the Stones) will be here on Sunday, September 10 through Wednesday, September 13 with their van full of treasures! Please join us for a joyful journey to the land of cool stone and gemstone beads. (We had mistakenly told some people that they would be here Saturday the 9th – but not until Sunday, the 10th.) Put it on your calendar!
Please note that we will have no classes the weekend of September 16th and 17th. This weekend, we will be shopping at the gem show in Denver for the store. Also this weekend, the Firefly Fall Market will be taking place on the Pearl Street Mall as part of the Downtown Boulder Fall Fest. With over 120 independent artisans, this is a must-attend event. We are proud sponsors of the Firefly Markets and urge you to attend.
On Saturday, September 23, Adorned will be hosting an Artist-in-Residence event with Karen Dombrowski-Sobel from 2-4 p.m. Karen, a multi-talented jewelry maker, photographer and author will be demonstrating how she makes her beautiful wire-wrapped pendulums. She will also talk about how one uses a pendulum to aid in decision making. Refreshments will be served; please join us.
On Thursday, September 28, Adorned will be participating in the Girls Night Out sponsored by Downtown Boulder from 5-8 p.m. For details, visit the website at: www.boulderdowntown.com/events/GNOdowntown
We are looking forward to providing an evening of refreshments, free earrings with each purchase and to hosting Kim Sorden of Magic Fairy Candles. We carry a selection of her candles; and Kim will bring along even more fragrances for you to sample and enjoy. As an added benefit, after the flame is extinguished, the soy wax from these candles can be used as a skin lotion. Trained as a perfumer in France, Kim has the ability to craft lovely scents and makes very high quality candles.
Nomad will be closed on Monday, 9/4, for Labor Day. Please have a great weekend and we’ll see you Tuesday!